CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 16, 2008


was born to the name of Rachel Weatere in the year 1684, more than three hundred years ago.The one who changed me named me Risika, and Risika I became, though I never asked what it meant. I continue to call myself Risika, even though I was transformed into what I am against my will.By day, Risika sleeps in a shaded room in Concord, Massachusetts. By night, she hunts the streets of New York City. She is used to being alone.But now someone is following Risika. Someone has left her a black rose, the same sort of rose that sealed her fate three hundred years ago.Three hundred years ago Risika had a family — a brother and a sister who loved her. Three hundred years ago she was human.Now she is a vampire, a powerful one. And her past has come back to torment her.This atmospheric, haunting tale marks the stunning debut of a promising young novelist.
That's the excerpt from the book...These are my opinions on the book. The story line is great the writing style however leaves something to be desired. All I can say is you can very much tell that this book was written by a 13 year old. The written style is very punchy with short sentences and little detail. She gets down and dirty and right to the point. Although I'm not a fan of the writing style I am a fan of the story line and will finish the rest of the series.
Right now I am reading Dead as a Doornail by Charlaine Harris. This is the 5th book in the Sookie Stackhouse series and so far it's very good. I have managed to make a short list of the books that I want to read for 2009 and so far I have set my goal at 80 books. I have read 56 books for 2008 and didn't actually start reading until June. So I think I can make 80 in 2009.
I wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year. Stay safe!!

0 comments: