CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 5, 2009

Suicide Notes by Michael Thomas Ford --my 2/8


Obviously I'm feeling better, two books in two days. Thanks for all the well wishes that I got through here and on Shelfari. I really appreciate it. Anyway back to the topic at hand.


Sometimes I just go to the library and look around. I will see a cover that catches my attention and think "Huh, this might be a good book, maybe I should read it." Most of the time I regret it and then once in awhile I will pick up a book that really gets to me. This is one of those books.


Suicide Notes by Michael Thomas Ford ended up being a page turning tear jerker for me. It is about a 15 year old boy who tries to commit suicide but fails in his attempts. When he wakes up he find that his parents have committed him to an in-house psychiatric program (the nut house) for teens for 45 days. These pages are an account of what he went through, what happens at the hospital and what he discovers about himself. It is written just like a journal, day 1, day 2 and so on. Honestly I couldn't have thought of a better way to write a book like this.


If any of you have someone you know, or your own child for that matter, struggling with their sexuality this is a spectacular book to get them. 4 1/2 out of 5 stars from me!!

2 comments:

Angela @ Reading Angels said...

I awarded you with the Premio Dardas Award. Go to my blog for more details.

Desert Rose said...

Sounds like an interesting read.. I better check it out :)