CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Happy 12th Birthday Cody

My Step son turned 12 years old today. And I can honestly say that he is turning into a really great young man. I asked him what he wanted for his birthday and he told me jeans because he was getting to big for his. So of course I told him that was something that Mommy just bought you not something that you asked for for your birthday. All in all I think that he had a pretty good time. He got a super nice MP3 player from his grandma and grandpa and it is of course attached to his ears already.

Sometimes I think that maybe I baby them just a little to much. I don't allow them to run all over town and I have to know where they are going and they better be there because I will check. Of course all of you are saying, no that is just you being a good mom, but I think they might be suffering because I'm too over protective. They really don't have a lot of friends and I don't know if its because of something they are doing or if it's because I dont' allow them to go hang out uptown with other kids.

They play sports and seem to get along well with the other kids on the team but they just don't make "real" friends. Now the hubby tells me this is common with boys that they have a lot of people that they call friends, but I don't know.

Ok any way today was a pretty good day. And I am sooo ready for them to go to bed.

1 comments:

Jana said...

go to your dashboard and where it says like blogger buzz and stuff like that there's an "add" button. You clock that and then copy and paster the URL you want to follow and then it will show you updates every time you log in.
I've thought about you guys too. Honestly you were one of the few in that family that was ever nice to me. To most (including Bill) I was the "step child" lol Oh well!!
I remember when you came down and stayed with us a couple of days. That was fun! I think I was in middle school or something.