CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare

This is the second installment of the Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare. I thought this book was totally action packed and I loved every minute of it. If I didn't have 5 kids and a household to take care of I probably would have read the book in one sitting.

Jace finds out that there is a little more to him then meets the eye and struggles with wanting to know his father and with knowing what a monster his father actually is.

Clary discovers that she has special talents when it comes to runes. She struggles with being what she really is and her "mundane" life. She learns she is much stronger then she has ever given herself credit for.

Jace and Clary still are struggling with the knowledge of being brother and sister. I guess it would totally suck to be in love with your sibling. In a way I hope that they find out that they aren't actually blood related so they can hook up!

Simon, Clary's bestfriend suffers a great deal in this book and has to go through a terrible transformation but dosn't lose the love of Clary or Luke and gains the respect of more then one downworlder and shadowhunter.

Alex and Isabelle learn what true family means and fight to keep it all together. You are reintroduced to Maryse, Robert and Max Lightwood in this book and Alec almost comes out to his parents thanks to one of Clary's runes.

Mangus becomes an intrical character in the story. Many people would have died without his special powers.

I highly recommend this series and absolutley loved this book. City of Ashes is a must read for any paranormal reader. 5/5 stars for me!!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Loved you review! I probably could have read both books in a single day if not for kids, lol! I am looking forward to COG too! I hope that Clary and Jace aren't really related, but there's always Sebastian.